There are many types of mechanical drives, which can be divided into two categories: one is the friction transmission that transmits power and motion by friction between the parts, including belt drive, rope drive and friction wheel drive. Such drive are generally not used in high power applications and do not guarantee accurate gear ratios. The second is an meshing transmission that transmits power or motion by engaging the driven unit with the driven unit or by the middle member, including gear transmission, chain transmission, screw transmission and harmonic transmission. The gear drive relies on two or more intermeshing gears to transmit power. The gear transmission ratio is accurate, which is suitable for high manufacturing precision and installation accuracy. The gear drive system has the following features.
First, the advantages of the gear drive system:
1) The instantaneous transmission ratio is constant and the work stability is high;
2) Using non-circular gears, the instantaneous transmission ratio can be designed according to the required change rule;
3) The gear ratio has a wide range of variation, which is suitable for deceleration or speed increase transmission. Especially when adopting planetary drive, the gear ratio can be made very large;
4) The peripheral speed and speed of the gear can be made very large;
5) The transmission power range is large and the carrying capacity is high;
6) High transmission efficiency, especially for cylindrical gear pairs with high precision.
7)Compact structure, such as the use of planetary transmission, less tooth difference transmission, or harmonic gear transmission, the components can be further reduced, becoming a coaxial transmission. The planetary transmission is suitable for high precision drive. Our diameter range of planetary gearbox we made is 3.4-38mm.
8)Easy maintenance and uniform load distribution.
Second, the disadvantages of the gear drive system:
1. High precision in manufacturing and installation;
2. The manufacturing process is complicated and costly;
3. Not suitable for transmission between two axes at a long distance.