In order to make a micromotor operated,it’s necessary to check its operation condition. But how to check it completely, here are five aspects to monitor the micromotor operation.
When the micromotor is running normally, it will heat up and the temperature will rise. If the temperature rise exceeds the allowable limit, the winding may overheat and burn out.
To determine whether the micro motor is overheated, the following method is often used:
1) hand touch method: This type of inspection must be performed with an electroscope to find out that the micro motor has no leakage; touch the micro motor housing with the back of the hand,if there is no hot feeling, indicating that the temperature is normal; if there is obvious hot feeling, the motor is overheated.
2)Water test method: Drop two or three drops of water on the outer casing of the micro motor. If there is no sound from the hot air, the micro motor does not overheat; if the water droplets are rapidly vaporized, accompanied by a “beep” sound, the motor is overheated.
2.Monitoring the power supply voltage
If the power supply voltage is too high or too low and the three-phase voltage is unbalanced, it will have adverse consequences for the operation of the micro motor. General micro motors can operate normally within ±7% of the voltage rating.
1) The difference between the three-phase power supply voltage is too large (more than 5%), which will cause the three-phase current imbalance.
2) The circuit has short circuit, grounding, poor contact and other faults, which will also cause the three-phase voltage imbalance of the micro motor.
3) Three-phase micro-motor is be in single phase condition will cause the largest imbalance of three-phase voltage, which is the most common cause of micro-motor winding burnout, and should be monitored.
3.Monitoring load current
Load current of the micromotor increase,then its temperature will also increase,but its load current should not exceed the rated value during normal operation.
1) While monitoring whether the load current increases, the balance of the three-phase current should also be monitored.
2) The imbalance of current of each phase in normal operation should not exceed 10%.
3) If the difference is very large, the stator winding may have short circuit, open circuit, reverse connection or other single-phase operation of the micro motor.
The temperature of the bearing in the operation of the micro motor shall not exceed the allowable value, and there shall be no oil leakage at the edge of the bearing cover, which causes many reasons for the overheating of the micro motor bearing. If the condition of the ball bearing deteriorates, the bearing cap and the shaft are rubbed, the lubricating oil is too much or too little, the transmission belt is too tight, or the shaft of the micro motor and the axis of the driven machine have too much concentricity error.
5.Monitoringvibration, sound and smell
When the micromotor is in normal operation, there should be no abnormal vibration, sound and smell.Larger micromotors also have a uniform “beep” sound and a whistling sound of the fan.
Electrical faults can also cause vibrations and abnormal noise in the micromotor.
1)The current is too large, and the three-phase current is significantly unbalanced.
2) The rotor has broken bars and the load current is unstable. It will emit a high and low “beep” sound, and the body will vibrate.
3) When the temperature of the winding of the micro motor is too high, it will emit a strong smell of insulating paint or the burning smell of the insulating material, and if it is serious, it will emit smoke.