We have plastic gears, metal gears (powder metallurgy gears and hardware processing gears). Each kind of gear material has its own advantages and disadvantages. Now what we are talking about is the powder metallurgy gear of gear motors.
I. Advantages of P/M gear:
- Low cost, high production efficiency, one-time forming, no need to reprocess the gear after forming.
- Due to the processing characteristics of P/M, it can be made into oil-containing parts, forming lubrication-free parts, which belong to the boundary lubrication state.
- There is no waste in the gear forming process, which is better for the utilization of iron and steel resources.
II. Disadvantages of P/M gear:
- The bending strength and shear strength of gear teeth are not as good as those of traditional machined gears.
- The tooth contact strength of P/M gear is also low, so it can not transfer large torque.
- Although it can be made into oil-bearing gear teeth, the effective time limit of oil lubrication is relatively short. In order to widen the normal use, external lubrication should be considered, and oil bath lubrication is very good.
- The precision of P/M gear is relatively low, and its precise size is uncontrollable, so the transmission stability is poor.
- The surface roughness of the gear teeth is also relatively large, which will generate noise in the transmission.