A brushless DC motor is made up of a motor and a driver. The BLDC motor is a typical mechatronic product. The brushless motor refers to the motor without brush and commutator (or slip ring), also known as the commutatorless DC motor. In the 19th century when the motor was born, the practical motor produced was a brushless form, that is, an AC squirrel cage asynchronous motor, which was widely used at that time.
Brushless DC motors have various applications, such as automobiles, tools, smart home, electronic products, industrial robots, smart robots, logistics equipment, medical equipment, industrial control, automation, and aerospace. In general, the brushless dc electric motor can be mainly used in the following three applications:
- Continuous load applications: mainly in areas that require a certain speed but do not require high speed accuracy, such as fans, pumps, hair dryers, etc. They are mostly open-loop control with lower cost.
- Variable load applications: mainly applications where the speed needs to be changed within a certain range, and there is a higher requirement for motor speed and dynamic response time. Household appliances, spin dryers and compressors are good examples. In the automotive industry, oil pump control, electric controller, engine control, etc., the system cost of such applications is relatively higher.
- Positioning applications: most industrial control and automatic control applications belong to this category. There are energy transmission in this type of application, so there are special requirements for the dynamic response and torque, and the requirements for the controller are also h Photoelectric and some synchronization equipment may be used for speed measurement. Process control, machinery control, and transportation control belong to this category.
Brushless DC gear motors are widely used reduction motor equipment . Parameters: diameter: 3.4-38mm, voltage: 1.5-24V, power: 0.01-40W, output speed: 5-2000rpm and output torque: 1.0 gf.cm -50kgf.cm
Features of BLDC motor:
- No carbon brush, low interference. The bldc motor driver module removes the carbon brush, thus no electric spark will be generated when the bldc motor drive system is running, which greatly reduces the electric spark’s interference to remote control radio equipment .
- Low noise and smooth operation. The brushless geared motor has no brushes. Therefore, the friction is greatly reduced during operation, and the noise will be much lower, which improves the running stability of the brushless DC gear motor.
- Long life and low maintenance cost.After removing carbon brush, the main abrasion of BLDC motor lies on the bearing. From a mechanical point of view, the brushless geared motor is almost a maintenance-free motor. You just need to do some dust removal maintenance when necessary.