The gear motor is generally used in the transmission device with low speed and high torque. The electric motor, combustion engine, or other power machines with high-speed operation can run on the large gear which is on the output shaft of gear. The larger gears mesh with a few gear teeth that are on the input shaft of the gear motor to achieve deceleration. Common gear motor will also have several pairs of gears based on the same principle to achieve the ideal deceleration effect. The ratio of the number of teeth in the gear to the number of teeth in the pinion is the gear ratio. During long-term operation of the gear motor, different types of motor faults like wear and tear and leakage often appear. The followings are the main signs of micro gearbox failure:
- Wear and tear of the bearing house of the gear motor, including the wear and tear of the housing bearing box, bearing house of the inner hole of the box, and the bearing house of the planetary gearhead.
- Wear and tear of axle diameter of gear shaft of the gear motor, mainly in shaft head, keyway, etc.
- Wear and tear of bearings for transmission shafts of the gear motor.
- Joint surface leakage of gear motor.
For the problem of wear and tear, the traditional measures that enterprises take are welding repairing and machining repair after brush plating. But both of them have some disadvantages: The thermal stress caused by welding repairing under high temperature can not be completely eliminated, easy to cause material damage which leads to bending or fracture of parts. The brush plating is limited by the coating thickness, which is easy to flake. The above two methods are “repairing metal with metal”, which is unable to change the “hard-hard” relationship. Under the comprehensive action of all forces, the wear and tear will be caused again. Therefore, the following items should be paid attention to in the use and maintenance of the gear motor:
- Gear motor adopts 460# medium-load industrial gear oil and the working environment temperature is 0~40℃.
- After the first 100-hour use, clean the inner cavity and replace the new gear oil, and change the oil every 2,000 hours thereafter.
- When disassembling and assembling the gear motor, try to avoid hammering so as not to damage the normal parts.
- If the oil seepage is found in shaft extension or connection during use, the skeleton oil seal and other seals should be replaced in time.