Small DC gear motor is a kind of gear motor that is widely used. According to the power, it can be divided into large-power DC gear motor and small-power; According to the type of DC motor, it can be divided into a brush DC gear motor and brushless DC gear motor; According to the transmission mode of gearbox, it can be divided into DC planetary gear motor, DC cylindrical gear motor type, etc. Small DC gear motor is widely used in the smart home, automated machinery and equipment, electronic products, robots, etc. The technical parameters of DC gear motor applied in different industries and equipment are also different. What should be paid attention to when choosing a micro DC gear motor? Here is a DC motor model guide on selection:
1. Determine the safety factor (SF);
2. Installing dimensions of gear motor;
3. Gear ratio of gear motor;
4. Performance parameters of the motor, including voltage, power, speed, current, transmission ratio, load capacity, noise, transmission efficiency;
5. Working environment and duty cycle of the motor;
6. Calculate the torque of the load. As for the service life of the motor, it is very important to calculate the torque and pay attention to whether the maximum torque value of acceleration (TP) exceeds the maximum load torque of the motor.
7. Determine whether there are any additional functions, such as brake, encoder and frequency conversion;
8. Material requirements of the motor;
9. Type selection: Gear motor includes cage type and wire-wound type. The cage type gear motor features a simple structure, easy maintenance and low price, but its starting performance is poor. It is often used for the production machinery starting with no load or light load. Wire-wound gear motor has large starting torque and small starting current, but it is complicated in structure and difficult to start and maintain. It is only used for occasions requiring large starting torque, such as lifting equipment, etc. In addition, it can also be used for mechanical equipment requiring appropriate speed regulation.
10. Power selection: The power selection of gear motor is determined by the production machinery, that is, by the power required by the load. The motor power required for the gear motor is as follows: Motor power = torque÷9550×motor power input speed÷speed ratio ÷use coefficient.
11. Speed selection: The speed of the gear motor is close to the synchronous speed, while the magnetic field speed is graded by the logarithm P of the magnetic pole. There is no speed between two stages. The principle of gear motor selection is to make it as close to the speed of production machinery as possible in order to simplify the rotation device.
12. Specification selection: When the power supply and voltage can be adjusted, the torque and rotation speed can be selected according to the actual needs, which are close to the rated value of the product, and the required rotation speed can be obtained by changing the voltage. When the power supply and voltage are fixed, if there is no product with appropriate specifications available, the appropriate specifications can be selected according to the torque first, and the voltage and speed of the product can be adjusted appropriately.
The requirements for selecting a small DC gear motor need to be altered according to your own needs. The parameters of the non-standard DC gear motor can be customized according to the technical parameters.