What is the RPM of a DC Gear Motor?
RPM is a measurement used to describe a DC gear motor’s speed. It stands for revolutions per minute and describes the rate at which the rotor is revolving, which is the number of times the rotor shaft completes a full rotation each minute. In the DC gear motors with a gear assembly attached, speed will be reduced and torque will increase for use in applications that require different speeds.
Why Important to Calculate RPM?
Calculating motor RPM, as well as other measurements like torque, voltage, and power, is essential when choosing a motor for a given application. Calculating motor speed can help you choose the right kind of motor when replacing components and help you make better repair decisions. Having a better understanding of RPM also helps to control and monitor motor operation effectively.
Micro-sized DC Motor is a class of rotary electrical machines, which is driven by direct current (DC) electrical energy. But sometimes, in order to reduce speed for expected torque, the DC motor can add and customize the controller or gearbox according to various application requirements.
ZHAOWEI DC motors with easy installation, high efficiency, easy to control the RPM, low noise, high starting torque, long life-span can be customized depending on various application demands. Especially, for the ideal speed that you need, ZHAOWEI provides bountiful choices of mini DC motors that offer the rated RPM needed. Here are 4 typical cases on DC gear motor with different rated RPM.
Typical Cases of DC Gear Motor with Rated RPM:
30 RPM DC Gear Motor:
Product Name: 8MM 30 RPM DC Gear Motor
Introduction: ZWPD008008-249 is one of the models of an 8mm plastic planetary gearbox whose rated speed is 30 RPM. ZHAOWEI 30 RPM DC gear motor utilizes the combination of plastic planetary gearheads and motors. The nut is easily connected to threads on the shaft and the internally threaded shaft is easily connected to the wheel. 30 RPM DC geared motor is often adopted for robotics applications. It is very easy to use and reach the expected speed.
6V 50 RPM Geared DC Motor
Product Name: 28MM 6V 50 RPM Geared DC Motor
Introduction: ZHAOWEI 50 RPM geared DC motor with 28mm diameters adds a plastic planetary gearhead on the motor, making them as a whole. The driving motor can adopt a coreless motor, brushless motor, or stepper motor. ZHAOWEI provides a flexible voltage range for custom development, and 6V is no exception. Those who need the rated speed at 50 RPM can opt for this 28mm plastic planetary gearbox.
200 RPM DC Gear Motor:
Product Name: 12MM 200 RPM DC Gear Motor
Introduction: ZWMD012012-36 makes it possible to reach around 200 RPM, resulting in high torque as well as low RPM performance. To be more precise, it can reach 208 RPM. It consists of a metal planetary gearhead and features a 12mm diameter with much popularity. High-temperature resistance, high abrasion resistance, and strong load capacity come to effectively protect the gear motor body. Thus, long service life is one of its main highlights.
300 RPM Gear Motor:
Product Name: 38MM 300 RPM Gear Motor
Introduction: ZWMD038038-25 lives in the 300 RPM gear motor family. With precision technology, the quality of the bearing and the service life of the gear motor are improved, very durable. Even in compact space, the high torque and low RPM it generates still contributes to ideal operation performance at low noise.
The gear motors rendered by ZHAOWEI Drive take pride in better meeting the expected RPM that each application needs. The cases above are only some of the standard DC motor models. No matter 30 RPM DC gear motors, 300 RPM gear motors, or others, they have common features as follows:
1. Metal & Plastic Planetary Gearheads Available. Dedicated construction makes a precision gear motor that has the ability to reduce speed and increase torque.
2. Great Customization. It is feasible to customize a suitable gear motor with expected parameters (torque, backlash, shaft, bearings, operating temperature, etc.) for your own application.
3. Miniature & Micro. There are multiple diameters available for the gear motors with ideal rated RPM, from 3.4mm to 45mm, making it suitable for ideal operation in a small space.
4. High Torque. ZHAOWEI high torque low RPM planetary gear motors with the 4-stage transmission can be used for relatively heavy load, which are able to sustain intermittent or sudden load changes.
5. Low backlash (≤2°) makes it possible for high precision, ideal for precise positioning applications. This helps to prolong the service life and improves operating performance.
6. High Efficiency. The efficiency can reach up to 90%.
7. Low Noise. Reliable cutting & meshing technology reduces the error of gear teeth, enabling low-noise gearboxes.
8. Wide Applications. Different RPM suits for different applications. ZHAOWEI provides a wide range of choices.