Gear reduction motor with hard-toothed surface saves space, which is reliable and durable with high overload capacity. Its high power can reach 132KW while small power can reach 0.5W. It features low energy consumption and superior performance as the efficiency of planetary gear reduction motor is as high as 95%. Also, it features small vibration, low noise and high energy saving. Gear reduction motor, also known as gear motor, refers to a combination of micro gearbox and motor. The product adopts systematic and modular design concepts, which has a wide range of adaptability, thus making it possible to meet the needs of a broad customer group.
Working Principle: Gear reduction motor is a general motor combined with a gear reducer in front of it. Reducer is generally used in low-speed and high-torque transmission device, which realizes the purpose of reduction by passing the high-speed operating power through the gear meshing between the gears with fewer teeth on the input shaft of the reducer and large gears on the output shaft. There are several pairs of gears in general gear motors that can achieve the ideal reduction effect with the same working principle. The gear ratio in the transmission is the ratio of the number of teeth of the large and small gears.
According to the transmission mode, gear reduction motors can be classified into unfolding, shunt, and coaxial gear reduction motors.
Unfolding type: High-speed series adopt long-tail helical gears while low-speed series adopt straight or helical gear. Due to the asymmetrical arrangement of the relative bearings of the gears, the rigidity of the shaft is required to be greater, and the input and output ends of torque are far away from the gear to reduce the uneven load distribution along the tooth width caused by the bending deformation of the shaft. It has a simple structure and is the most widely used.
Shunt type: Generally, it adopts high-speed shunt. Gears are arranged symmetrically relative to bearings, so the forces on gears and bearings are uniform. In order to reduce the total axial force on the shaft, the helical direction of the two pairs of gears should be opposite. The structure is more complex and this type is often used in the applications with high power and variable load.
Coaxial type: The axial size of the gear motor is larger and its intermediate axis is longer. The rigidity is relatively poor. When two large gears are immersed in similar depth, the bearing capacity of the high-speed gears cannot be fully developed. This type is often applied to the place where the input and output axes are coaxial.
Features of Gear Reduction Motor:
- Compact structure, reliable and durable, strong overload resistance capability and large power.
- Low energy consumption, superior performance,efficiency up to over 95%.
- Low vibration, low noiseandhigh energy saving. It selects a high-quality steel section and steel cast iron box. The high-end gear reduction motor adopts a special die-cast aluminum alloy box whose gear surface suffers high-frequency heat treatment.
- The precision processing ensuresthe positioning accuracy. The gear reduction motor ofthe drive assembly can be configured with various mainstream motors in the market, forming the new product features of mechatronic integration and modular structure, which fully guarantees the quality of the product.
- The product adopts the designconceptof serialization and modularization, which has a wide range of adaptability. It can be combined with all kinds of motors, installation positions and structural schemes, and the gear reducer can choose any speed and various structural forms according to actual needs.
Key Points of Gear Reduction Motor Selection:
- The basic conditions fora reasonable selection of gear motor are rated voltage, rated speed and rated torque.
- The highest efficiency point in the performance index introduced in the parameter table of each model refers to the rated speed and rated torque for reference. The rated working point of the gear reduction motor is an important basis for motor design, and it has the highest working efficiency and the most stable performance when working near the rated point.
- Under the condition of large reduction ratio and low speed, it needs to refer to the maximum permissible load and speed listed in the property parameter table. Operating under the condition of maximum permissible load and speed will reduce the service life of the reducer or directly damage the gear reducer.
- The selected motor should be tested by prototype before batch use to confirm whether the rated speed, rated torque, voltage and current meet the conditions. If the deviation is close enough, the motor can be considered reasonable for use. If the deviation is relatively large, it is necessary to replace the motor, otherwise the service life and quality cannot be guaranteed.
- Large gear reduction motor is widely used as an indispensable power device for mechanical equipment, especially in packaging machinery, printing machinery, corrugated machinery, color box machinery, transport machinery, food machinery, three-dimensional parking equipment, automatic storage, three-dimensional warehouse, chemical industry, textile, dyeing and finishing equipment.
- The low-power micro gear motor can be used in precision medical equipment, intelligent robot, 5G communications equipment, intelligent logistics, smart city, smart automobiles, printing machine, flame cutting, laser cutting, CNC machine tools, industrial instruments, food packaging, automation industry, aviation equipment, semiconductor equipment, medical equipment, robot, manipulator, communication equipment, etc.