Pushrod motor, also known as linear actuator motor, is a new type of linear actuator composed of push rod and control device, which can be regarded as an extension of the rotary motor in structure. The electric push rod is a kind of electric drive device which turns the rotational motion of the motor into the reciprocating motion of the push rod. It can be used as an actuator in different simple or complex processes to realize remote control, centralized control or automatic control.
Working Principle of Pushrod motor:
After being decelerated by the gear or worm, the motor drives a pair of screw nuts. The rotational motion of the motor is converted into linear motion, and the push-rod action is completed with the help of positive and negative rotation. Lever, rocker or linkage mechanisms can enable complex actions like rotation and rocking. By changing the lever arm length, the stroke can be increased or decreased.
The transmission form of worm gears: The worm on the motor gear drives the worm wheel to rotate, so that the small screw in the worm wheel moves axially. Accordingly, the connecting plate drives the limit rod to move axially and when the required stroke is reached, the motor will stop running by adjusting the limit block to press down the stroke switch. So does the positive and negative control.
Gear transmission form: The motor drives the small screw mounted in the inner tube through the gears and drives the nut connected with it for axial motion. When the stroke set before is reached, the nut’s antenna will press the limit switch and the power will be disconnected, and then, the motor stops running (the same in reverse).
Classification of Pushrod Motors:
- Classified by appearance: linear, L-shaped, pillow-shaped, bread-shaped, etc.
- Classified by lead screw: trapezoidal lead screw, ball screw, planetary roller screw, etc.
- Classified by motor: DC motor (12/24/36/48V), AC motor (110-240V), stepper motor, servo motor, etc.
- Classified by characteristics: waterproof electric push rod, silent electric push rod, DT heavy-duty electric push rod, micro electric push rod.
- Most commonly seen push rod motors include: linear pushrod motor, parallel pushrod motor, vertical pushrod motor, coaxial pushrod motor and worm gear lifting pushrod motor.
According to the classification, structure and characteristics, pushrod motors are widely used in automobiles, electronic products, smart wearable devices, robot transmission, smart home, smart office equipment, smart kitchen & bath equipment, communication devices, medical technology, etc. At present, small pushrod motors are used in IPD adjustment for VR headsets, intelligent electric sofas, automatically adjustable medical beds, automatic standing desks and chairs, upgraded automatically adjustable tatami, intelligent lifting pumping units and automatically adjustable car seats.