To enhance working efficiency, working quality, and prolong the service life, a planetary gear motor warrants regular maintenance and lubrication. Here are some tips on the requirements and precautions of lubrication.
What Kind of Situations Require Lubricating Oil?
- The working characteristics of a joint position for a planetary gear motor are frequent start-ups and reciprocating in a small space, which can cause fretting wear. Replenishing lubricating oil can improve the fretting wear resistance for the gear motor.
- The planetary gear motor is often in a state of boundary lubrication during operation owing to its high machining accuracy and a small gap between friction surfaces. Meanwhile, it is often used in high load conditions. In this case, adding lubricating oil can improve the wear resistance for bearing, avoiding excessive clearance and lowering the accuracy.
- The lubricating oil can decrease the vibration and noise of the gear motor and make it have better impact resistance.
- Adding lubricating oil enables planetary gear motor to have excellent stability under high temperature, avoiding loss and deterioration and oxidation stability, as well as ensuring the service life.
The Use Method of Lubricating Oil
- The oil level should be pressed in the middle of the oil gauge or oil device when adding lubricating oil.
- Generally, the lubricating oil in the planetary gear motor should be changed after a 220-hour operation, and the lubricating oil changed should be better than the last one. Particular attention should be paid to removing the remaining dirty oil before replacement. The lubricating oil for the gear motor working 10 hours/day must be replaced every 3 months, while the planetary gear motor working 3 hours/day needs a replacement every 6 months.
- Before using a planetary gear motor that has been not used for a long time, new lubricating oil should be replaced.
Requirements of Oil Change for Planetary Gear Motor
- Confirm the brand of new oil before using it. Do not change the brand of refrigerant oil as much as possible. Ordinary engine oil must not be used to avoid accidents.
- All the oil in the refrigeration system should be drained out before changing the new oil. Add a small amount of new oil and wash out all the old oil remaining in the refrigeration system so that the old oil does not damage the performance index of new oil and influence the service life of the machine.
- Before oil changing, sediment and rust in the oil tank and the suction device should be thoroughly removed, and the oil pump, as well as filter, should be inspected and cleaned to enhance the purity of new oil and lubrication function.
Precautions of Use of Lubricating Oil for Planetary Gear Motor
- he lubricating oil should be electrified and heated to keep the oil temperature in the specified range when the planetary gear motor stops, and the lubricating oil and refrigerant simultaneously exist in the refrigeration system.
- In winter, when the lubricating oil and refrigerant exist in the refrigeration system, the management of the planetary gear motor should be decided based on the type of the planetary gear motor.