The widely-used micro gear motor is a closed transmission reduction device, or micro gear reduction motor, which is composed of a reducer (or gearbox) and a motor. When choosing a micro gear motor, in addition to performance parameters, cost, and safety, the following points should also be noted:
- What equipment will the micro gear motor be used for? You need to consider the specifications (size, shape) and installation methods of the micro gear motor (right-angle shaft, parallel shaft, output hollow shaft, output hollow shaft locking disc).
- Do you choose imported or domestic products? Imported and domestic products have different naming standards and specifications. Prices and after-sales service are relatively different.
- Application scenarios. Environmental factors must be considered when selecting a micro DC gear motor, such as special environmental characteristics including large temperature difference between day and night, high temperature, cold, corrosiveness, and sealing (rainproof).
- Detailed transmission parameters such as current, voltage, speed, reduction ratio, transmission ratio, torque, load capacity, noise, transmission efficiency (transmission mode), and number of stages should be taken into consideration.
- The manufacturer shall provide a reference standard for the verification of the radial force and axial force of the micro geared motor output shaft.
- Calculate torque. Torque calculation is very important to the service life of the micro gear reducer. Pay attention to whether the large torque during the acceleration exceeds the large load torque of the reducer.
- Determine the basic parameters. The basic parameters of the motor include: rated voltage, rated speed, rated torque, rated power, and reduction ratio of the gearbox.
- The operating environment of the motor. Does the motor run for long or short periods of time? Is it running in a humid, open-air space? This requires anti-corrosion, waterproof, insulation class, and M4 protective cover. The ambient temperature of the motor is also a concern.
Micro gear reducers can be used in precision medical equipment, intelligent robot transmission, 5G communication equipment, smart logistics, smart cities, smart medical, smart cars, printing machine tools, flame cutting, laser cutting, tool machinery, food packaging, automation industries, aviation equipment, semiconductor equipment, medical equipment, robots, manipulators, communication equipment, pharmaceutical equipment, printing equipment, packaging machinery, textile machinery, CNC machine tools, CNC pipe benders, parking equipment, measuring equipment, machine tools, precision monitoring systems, vehicle industry, automatic control system, and other fields.