Gear Stages: 1-4
Speed: 10-3229 rpm
Reduction Ratio: 5-1708:1
The planetary gearboxes normally consist of three parts: a sun gear, planet gears (or called “satellite gears”), and a ring gear. The sun gear is generally placed in the center, while planet gears orbit around the sun gear and receive torque from it. As for the ring gear, the outer ring gear (refers to the housing) meshes with planet gears.
The advantages of the planetary gearbox are as follows:
- High torque: With more teeth in contact, the mechanism can transmit and withstand more torque in a more uniform manner.
- Durable & Efficient. The bearing can reduce the friction by connecting the shaft directly to the gearbox. It allows for better rolling and smooth operation. The efficiency is improved as well.
- Easy to install. Its mechanism is contained in a cylindrical gearbox, which can be installed in almost any space.
- Impressive precision: The angle of rotating is fixed, thus improving the accuracy and stability of the rotary motion.
- Compact size. Due to the planetary structure that multiple gears are meshed together and orbit around a sun gear, the planetary gear motor can be compact and small. 3.4mm, 4mm planetary gear motor, and 6mm planetary gear motor is available.